Information Technology Policies and Standards
|Siriusware Salesware Station Hardware|
|Information Technology Procurement|
To Be Reviewed
|Applies to all Siriusware Salesware Stations purchased, owned, or maintained by the City of Albuquerque.|
|Configurations for Siriusware Salesware Stations|
This configuration provides sufficient processing power for running the Windows Vista operating system, connectivity via City of Albuquerque Network to Siriusware database and performing Siriusware transactions for purchasers. The Salesware Stations can support connection to the mainframe, UNIX, and Novell applications and file sharing but are not typically used for any purpose except Salesware.
- ELO 1529L Touch Computer 15” LCD; 1 GB processor, 16 MB Video, 4 USB Ports, 2 Serial Printer Ports, 1 PCMCIA Slot
- 512 MB RAM Minimum
- 30 GB Hard Drive
- 100/1000 Base-T/TX PCI Network Interface Card
- Star TSP643 Receipt Printer (Thermal printer, Auto cutter & Cash Drawer ports, USB Interface)
- Star TSP643 Printer Power Supply
- APG Cash Drawer
- Boca Micro Ticket Printer Plus (on counter or vertical), 200 DPI, adjustable path from 2 to 3.25 inches (unless otherwise specified); Serial, USB or Parallel interface; adjustable paper path
- Hand Held 3800 Barcode Scanner w/USB interface LR/CCD decoded
- Cables required: 2 USB for cash drawer and ticket printer; APG cash drawer cable for Star receipt printer
- Windows XP Professional Operating System (purchase license to Windows Vista Enterprise, but run Windows XP Professional until Vista-compatible City standard security software is available)
- Siriusware Salesware Station License must exist for each station or be purchased at time of equipment purchase
- Credit Card Swipe Unit
|These standards are planned to satisfy the requirements to perform daily Siriusware Point of Sale operations for the City of Albuquerque. This will have the following advantages:|
- Departments will be able to order new and replacement equipment in a timely manner for Citywide Salesware implementation as well as on-going need.
- Project management of implementations will improve because hardware costs will be clearly identifiable as a commodity package that contains everything for a single sales point. Management will also improve because sales point purchases will follow a clearly identifiable, repeatable purchase process.
- Better training can be provided by having a standard configuration for Siriusware sales points across the City.
|Contact: Mark T. Leech, (505) 768-3731|